While everyone else is talking about terrorism… and talking about terrorism… this is a quick public service announcement to remind you all: Don’t get alarmed. Don’t be afraid. Don’t give a f**k.
Instead of worrying, do something fun.
- Make out by the river. It gives ASIO something good to look at.
- Run that marathon (actually, are we sure that’s fun?)
- Learn the meaning of Hasa Diga Eebowai from the Book of Mormon
- Join the Dachshund Dash at Port Fairy
- Work out the correct way to say “Van Gogh” at the NGV. It’ll freak you out.
- Netflix and chill – all weekend long. Remember to keep the fluids up for that one!
- Drink wine. Lots of it. Then roll down a hill. Because you can.
As you do those things, spare a thought for our police, first responders and security services who work tirelessly to protect our fantastic city.
Then enjoy the freedom they help protect by having some serious fun.
-Fiona Patten MP